What Personal Information Does Big Cheese Badges Ltd Gather About Customers?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at Big Cheese Badges Ltd. We only collect the minimum of information about you that we need to process your order, and to provide you with the best possible service and information. Any information collected about you (such as contact information or other customer details, and/or any information obtained after completing an enquiry form, etc.) is used exclusively by Big Cheese Badges Ltd and will not be passed to any other party, sold or traded. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us:We receive and store any information that you voluntarily submit to us, such as that which you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as fulfilling orders, responding to your requests and communicating with you, customizing future shopping for you, and improving our store features. For the purposes of order tracking we will also store details of your previous orders with us. For example, in order to process your order, the information we need would include your name, address, email address and phone number.
- Automatic Information:We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our website. For example, like many web sites, we sometimes use “cookies”, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our website.
- Email Communications:The email address that you provide us with will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order(s), and it may also be used to respond to your enquiries and/or other requests or questions you sent to us. If you have opted-in to our mailing list, we may also occasionally send you emails including company news and updates, new badge designs, and/or other related product or service information. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails we will include an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email, or you can contact us via our website and ask to be removed from the mailing list. By default, you will not be opted in to receive mailing list emails. Any important notices will be published prominently on our website and you will be asked if you wish to opt in to our mailing list at that time.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent (such as information relating to health, beliefs or political affiliation), and we never collect or store credit card, debit card or bank details. Any personal information that we hold will be accurate and up to date to the best of our knowledge and will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifier text files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive
through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser, and to provide
Does Big Cheese Badges Ltd Share The Information It Receives?
We respect your privacy and appreciate your business. At no time do we ever provide your account contact or payment information to any third-party vendor, associate or service provider, except to the extent necessary to provide our services to you (for example, to fulfil your order, we will need to share your name and address with the postal delivery service provider). We will never sell or trade your personal information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We use PayPal for credit card processing, one of the safest ways to pay online. We will never see your credit card, debit card or bank details when you use PayPal. Credit/debit card information you provide when purchasing with PayPal is securely encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. For more information about PayPal, please visit the Payment Methods shop page and view PayPal’s Protection and Privacy pages.
It is also important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer by Signing Out (accessible via the “My Account” section in the main navigation menu).
Our operations are based in the UK and all information is stored within the European Union. We employ a variety of physical and technical measures to keep your information safe and to prevent unauthorised access to, or use or disclosure of, your personal information. Traffic to our site is securely encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, and electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems controlled by our hosting partner. We control who has access to information using both physical and electronic means. Our staff receive data protection training and handle personal information with the utmost care.
How Long Is Information About Me Stored?
We will only use and store personal information for as long as it is required for the purposes it was collected for. How long information will be stored for depends on the information in question and what it is being used for. For example, if you ask us not to send you marketing emails, we will stop storing your email address for marketing purposes (though we will keep a record of your preference not to be emailed). We continually review what information we hold and delete what is no longer required. We never store payment information. Some examples of customer information retention periods:
- Orders: When you place an order, we will keep the personal information you give us for six years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
- Inactive accounts: If you’ve not used your account for more than six years we will contact you to ask whether you want to keep it open. Unless you reply to say ‘yes’, we will close the account and delete the personal information associated with it.
Which Information Can I Access?
Big Cheese Badges Ltd gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation you have more legal rights with regards your personal information, including:
- The right to confirmation as to whether or not we store any of your personal information
- The right to obtain a copy of any personal information we do hold, to be provided in a commonly usable electronic format. (In order to associate all such information provided by you we will need to store an email address when collecting personal information of any type, allowing us to search all data submissions by email address.)
- The right to have your information erased (This won’t apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason, such as to comply with applicable tax/revenue laws.)
- The right to have inaccurate personal information rectified
- The right to object to your personal information being used for marketing or profiling
- The right to withdraw your consent to your personal information being processed
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
When do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information at the following points:
- When you visit our website and place an order
- When you create an account with us
- When you contact us by any means with queries; for example, if you ask us to email you information about a product or service, etc.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions
- When you choose to complete any surveys that we send you
- When you comment on or review our products and services
Explaining the legal bases that we rely on
The GDPR legislation identifies a number of reasons, or legal bases, that a company may use in order to collect and process your personal information. Big Cheese Badges Ltd relies on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent: In specific situations, we can collect and process your information with your consent, such as when you opt in to receive newsletter emails.
- Contractual obligations: In certain circumstances, we need your personal information to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you place an order with us, we’ll collect your name and address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to the postal delivery service provider.
- Legal compliance: If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your information. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Big Cheese Badges Ltd to law enforcement.
- Legitimate interest: In specific situations, we require your information to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business, and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we may use your purchase history to send you (or make available) personalised offers. We may also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or to develop new designs, products or services.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Big Cheese Badges Ltd, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice and our Terms & Conditions, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the United Kingdom. If you have any concern about privacy of your personal information as used and collected within our website, please send us a thorough description by filling in the Contact Us form, and we will do our best to resolve it.
Big Cheese Badges Ltd requires all account owners must be at least 18 years of age. Minors under 18 years of age and at least 13 years of age are permitted to use our services only if they have the appropriate permission and direct supervision by the owner of the account. Children under age 13 are not permitted to use our services. You are responsible for any and all account activity conducted by a minor on your account.
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, order, post comments, or other methods of communication via our website or email to Big Cheese Badges Ltd. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, email address, shipping address, and phone number.
For security purposes Big Cheese Badges Ltd sometimes collects and analyses the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, and to our website. This is done for your protection for tracking purposes, in the unlikely event that someone gains access to your personal or financial information and opens an account or makes purchases under your name.
Please direct any questions regarding our Privacy Notice, Terms & Conditions, or other privacy or policy-related material to our support staff using the Contact Us form.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on May 19th, 2018.